Summer Vibin'

Lets face it, the British summer is definitely not one to be getting a steady tan off. No matter how much I love thinking about long lazy days a the beach, barbecues in the back garden and spending warm summer evening sipping on a raspberry mojito (or five), the sad reality tends to be the odd cloudy-but-humid day and working full time to recover the remnants of my student loan. I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite bits to inject a bit of summertime happiness at the mo' and at least make you look like you're having the summer of a lifetime. At least the cocktail part is still true...

Bronze Goddess is a fragrance which I always love to repurchase in summer, and it's packaging is also super beaut. I love how coconut-baed and light it is, which makes it perfect for day and night, and the smell of it instantly takes me somewhere with a lot more sunshine and palm trees than Newcastle. There's also something about it which really reminds me of the smell of sun tan lotion in the best way possible!
This MAC eyeshadow in the shade Cranberry has been a recent discovery of mine. I bought it at least a couple of years ago and have barely used it since, but over the past few weeks I've absolutely loved using it in the crease of the eye on nights out and just under the outer corner of the lower lash line. I think I previously steered clear as too much of it can tend to make you look as if you're just tired or have worn out eyes (lol). If used the right way though, this shade really accentuates blue eyes beautifully and adds that element of heat to your makeup look.
This Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster has been an absolute life saver when it comes to tanning. As I have pretty sensitive and dry skin on my face, I really dislike the idea of fake tanning it as it just brings out the dryer patches and always sits unevenly, even if I've fully exfoliated. When mixed in with your regular moisturiser, a couple of drops of this stuff gives you a beautifully even glow to your skin and still keeps your face looking fresh and hydrated. Just make sure to wash your hands after you've used it to avoid tangerine streaks (I've learnt this from experience) and pair it with your favourite gradual tanning lotion. My personal fave is the Garnier Summer Body Lotion, which seems just like moisturiser but has that extra boost of glowy-ness!!

CONVERSATION

Back
to top