Travel Diaries: Berlin

The beginning of my year really started off with a bang as I visited Berlin for a week with my course at University. Berlin is a city that I've always wanted to visit; I've always loved the idea of somewhere polished and urbane mixed right next to a more grungey and low-fi area so Berlin was perfect for that. Visiting the East Side was definitely more my vibe, with quirky restaurants and cafes mixed in with smaller vintage shops and of course the East Side Gallery. 

I have to say the more central areas of Berlin weren't exactly what I expected, but then again I didn't necessarily know what to expect! And as for the nightlife, it truly is something else and you definitely need to experience Tresor or Berghain if you can get past the really strict (to put it politely) bouncers. Here's some of my favourite snaps from the trip!






For anyone visiting, I would say a 2-4 day visit would be more than enough for this exciting city and that you definitely don't need the full week to experience the whole of the city. If you visit around the same time I did, make sure you pack a load of warm clothes and layers, too! Some places you should definitely put on your list to check out are Bikini Berlin, the Jewish War Memorial, the East Side Gallery and of course Clarchens Ballhaus in the evening for some charleston and swing dance, and maybe a little bit too much wine!!

CONVERSATION

Back
to top